Ellisa Begay
Ellisa Begay
FARMINGTON — Farmington police are investigating two Sunday stabbings.

Both the stabbings involved people intoxicated from alcohol and no one suffered life-threatening injuries.

Shortly before 2 a.m. on Sunday, Farmington police were flagged down because of a stabbing at B-Lounge night Club, 600 E. Broadway Blvd.

Donovan Diehl, 37, told police he had been stabbed in the hand by a woman he had just met at the club. Diehl refused medical treatment.

Diehl told police he was at the club with his friend, Jeremiah Westbrook, and the two men were talking with two women at the club.

Diehl said one of the women, whose named was Ellisa, became upset with Westbrook and tried to stab him but she stabbed Diehl in the hand.

"His injuries were minor enough that he refused medical treatment, but it doesn't take away from the fact that she used a weapon," Farmington police Lt. Taft Tracy said.

Police identified the suspect at Ellisa Begay, 21.

During an interview with police at 3 a.m. on Sunday, Begay said she was worried Westbrook and Diehl were going to take advantage of her because she was intoxicated.

She showed Westbrook a set of brass knuckles and a small knife to intimidate him, according to court documents.

She denied stabbing Diehl.

Police arrested Begay on suspicion of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

The other weekend stabbing happened at a home on Apache Street in Farmington and police are searching for the suspect.

Police said Orel Nathaniel, 23, stabbed his uncle on Sunday night.

An arrest warrant has been issued for Nathaniel. He is wanted for suspicion of aggravated battery with a deadly weapon, according to court documents.

Dennison James, 45, told police that Nathaniel is his nephew and he spent Sunday drinking at James' house on Apache Street with Derek Begay to celebrate Mother's Day.

At about 9 p.m., James told police that Nathaniel attacked him with a small knife for unknown reasons.

James suffered four small cuts on his arm and he was missing an piece of flesh about an inch across, according to court documents.

James told police that Nathaniel and Begay left his home after the incident. Tracy said Nathaniel had not been arrested by Monday evening.

Ryan Boetel can be reached at rboetel@daily-times.com; 505-564-4644. Follow him on Twitter @rboetel.