Farmington — Students were evacuated from Kirtland Central High School after a strong odor of gas was detected inside the school on Friday.

The call to evacuate came just before 11 a.m.

San Juan County Fire Department Division Chief David Yows said the situation was resolved at about 2 p.m. Friday.

The initial report indicated there was a strong odor of gas within the area of the gymnasium and offices, but no gas leaks were found inside the building, Yows said.

Staff from the Valley Fire Department, the New Mexico Gas Company and the Central Consolidated School District's maintenance department responded to the scene.

CCSD spokesman James Preminger said students were evacuated into the Brooks/Isham Performing Arts Center in Kirtland.