ALBUQUERQUE, N.M.—Authorities say a fire that gutted a Rio Rancho house may have been caused by a propane tank explosion.

KOB-TV ( reports that fire crews were called to the scene shortly before 7 a.m. Monday.

Rio Rancho Fire officials say there weren't any working utilities at the house and several propane bottles were found inside the house.

They say those are indicators that a squatter was living in the house.

Nobody was injured in the fire and no neighboring homes were affected.

Authorities say the fire remains under investigation.


Information from: KOB-TV,